Reporting Tools

Below are several resources for North Central College students, faculty, and staff to submit concerns, reports, and complaints. For additional information on filing a formal complaint not related to the areas outlined below, please reference the Student HandbookPersonnel Policy Guide, and/or Course Catalog

Title IX (Sexual Misconduct)

"No person in the United States shall, on the basis of sex, be excluded from participation in, be denied the benefits of, or be subjected to discrimination under any education program or activity receiving Federal financial assistance." Legal Citation: Title IX of the Education Amendments of 1972, and its implementing regulation at 34 C.F.R. Part 106 (Title IX)

Reporting and grievance procedures for all forms of sexual misconduct including, sexual assault, rape, dating violence and domestic violence, stalking, and sexual harassment can be found in the College's Discrimination, Harassment, Sexual Misconduct, and Retaliation policy found here. For additional resources and information, view and download the Sexual Misconduct Resource Guide (also available in large text).

You may contact the Title IX Coordinator and Title IX Deputy Coordinators with complaints or concerns about Title IX compliance. For more information, visit the Title IX website

For confidential reports of sexual misconduct, resources and options, contact the College's Violence Education and Prevention Coordinator at 630-637-5113. Alternatively, anonymous complaints or concerns regarding sexual misconduct may be submitted to the Campus Conduct Hotline by calling 866-943-5787

Early Alert/Student of Concern Report

The purpose of an Early Alert referral is to contribute to one's academic and/or personal success through intentional intervention with potentially at-risk individuals by encouraging faculty, staff, and/or others to identify persons who may be struggling academically and/or personally.

To submit an Early Alert/Student of Concern report, use the Early Alert/Student of Concern Form.

Incident Reports

The safety of our community of students, faculty and staff is a priority at North Central College. The Department of Campus Safety complies with all legal reporting requirements and best practices to provide updated and accurate information regarding campus incidents. 

To submit an incident report, use the Incident Report Form. 

Bias Incident Reports

If you have witnessed or experienced a bias-related incident, please use the Bias Incident Report form in order to file a report. Any act of intolerance, regardless of severity, can be reported. Once submitted, your report will be reviewed by the North Central College Bias Incident Response Team.

To submit a bias incident report, use the Bias Incident Report Form. 

Campus Conduct Hotline

The Campus Conduct Hotline service can be used for any type of reporting and the caller can remain completely anonymous. This hotline can be used for reporting Title IX violations, sexual harassment, student/staff behavior, financial irregularities, complaints, etc. 

Any member of the North Central community (faculty, staff or student) may report a serious complaint or concern to the Campus Conduct Hotline at 866-943-5787

Callers to the hotline may remain anonymous. 

North Central College employees now have the option to report concerns though Campus Conduct Hotline using an online portal as well as the toll-free number. You can use this service to make the institution aware of concerns that you might be uncomfortable raising in any other way. These concerns may be about possible fraudulent, unethical or unlawful conduct. Submissions will be kept confidential and can be submitted anonymously.

Campus Conduct Hotline® may be used by anyone in the campus community. Please note that if your concern relates to your terms and conditions of employment or is a disciplinary or grievance matter, then you should follow the established policies already in place. If you would like to know more about how Campus Conduct Hotline® operates, please email Maryellen Skerik, vice president for finance, or call her at 630-637-5678.

Submit a report to Campus Conduct Hotline®

State of Illinois and HLC Complaint Procedure

North Central College is a participant in Title IV Federal Financial Aid under the Higher Education Act of 1965. This requires the College to direct students to the Illinois Board of Higher Education(IBHE) for assistance with unresolved complaints. In addition, North Central College must make available to students or prospective students proof of the institution’s accreditation and state authorization.

For complaints not resolved through North Central College's complaint procedure, students may contact the Illinois Board of Higher Education (IBHE) through their online complaint system at Illinois Board of Higher Education - Complaint System (

Complaints may also be filed with the Higher Learning Commission (HLC) of the North Central Association of Colleges and Schools at